Tuesday, September 7, 2010

So...

Where to begin? 

Okay, I think I got something.  The name of this blog.  You probably want an explanation.  At any rate, I don't think your day will be ruined by knowing why I've named this The Marsh Lantern.

I like a good story, and a good story includes, among other things, an excellent setting.  Places inspire me.  My mind holds the image of a deep marsh.  The tree limbs twine together overhead, and night is approaching.  Just as the light fades, a lantern winks on in the distance, a welcoming beacon. 

What could happen next?  The decision is up to me as a writer, and I could decide anything.  That lantern appeared in the night to illuminate something previously unseen.  My goal is to help you, my audience of writers, to see things you might not have noticed before.  You guessed it.  I'll be writing about writing.

However, when possible, I will have certain featured writers.  You will be able to read content by  these up and coming individuals, as well as reply to the posts and critique the stories.  I'm not sure how frequently our featured fiction will appear, but I hope to have outside content on here frequently.

Thanks for stopping by, and stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment